Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Summer Sephora Haul


OK, so I know it's not Summer anymore but since I went to America in the Summer I undoubtedly headed straight for Sephora and ended up with a mini haul of products that I wanted to share with you.  I've now had a long time (July-October) to try these products for an individual mini-review.  I tried to stick to buying items that weren't available in the UK and think I stuck to my brief quite well.  I ended up only buying make-up items which was quite surprising but I think I got a bit overwhelmed and should have done some more research before I went so I could head in with a list of things I new I wanted to try.  However, I new I wanted to try some items from Tarte and Josie Maran.

1. Urban Decay All-Nighter Make Up Setting Spray
Oh Sephora and your tempting till minis!  This was my favourite section in Sephora.  (Space NK take note!!) This spray was really attractive to me because I always have trouble with makeup staying on ma face!  I've tried it out and I'm really pleased with it.  It actually helps to make my skin look more dewy once you've sprayed it on..this does settle once it's sunk in though.

2. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface
This was one of my products on my wish list.  I love this blush.  It's so wearable for a daily basis. It's a light pink with a blue undertone.  The lasting power is brilliant as well.  I really want another one now in a different shade!

3.  Urban Decay Eye Shadow pencil in Rehab
A brown long-lasting creamy eyeshadow thats blend able! What more do you want from an eyeshadow! Urban Decay really know how eyeshadows are done!

4.  Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil in Demolition
I needed a brown eyeshadow pencil for my waterline that I could be confident would stay put!  I headed straight for Urban Decay and I can say I'm very happy with it.  I use this most days and it's great for my green eyes and I don't experience any sensitivity.

5. Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Obsession and Streak
I bought these two because they hadn't been released in the UK yet so wanted to feel special and try them before all my fellow Brits could!  I bought Obsession,a pink (obviously) and Streak, a bright peach. The quality of these is great.  They are really moisturising and long-lasting..a difficult combination to find.  They glide on beautifully and can both be built up to really bright colours.

6. Make Up Forever HD Foundation
Make Up Forever isn't that easy to find in the UK and I had heard such good things about this foundation so had to pick it up!  It's a beautiful foundation that gives the right amount of dewy and matte.  I use this and it lasts most of the day with a powder.  The colour range is great and everyone seemed to be so helpful in Sephora (probably because they could see me coming to spend lots of dollars!)

7.  Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Cheek Colour in Poppy Paradise
The surprise star product!  Another product I want to repurchase in another shade. It's a sort of lip balm consistency but of the cream blush sisterhood.  The colour in the pot (gorgeous, simple packaging) is quite scary; this particular one, a bright red but once blended gives a beautiful sheen and is a very natural pinky colour.  I apply with my fingers and blend slightly and finish blending with a Real Techniques Stippling brush.  I also use it on my lips as a stain and looks lovely.  Got to love a multi-use product!

And that's it!  Reading this back it seems I went a bit mad for Urban Decay but what can I say it's great quality, reliable makeup! I'm sure I will return to the US at some point (even if it is just for Sephora!).

Thanks for reading.

Blog soon!

SH x

No comments:

Post a Comment