Saturday, 19 October 2013

Skincare Routine | Evening

I'M BACK! I've suddenly had a creative urge and have had lots of ideas for this blog so i've decided to start a fresh!
A good restart i thought would be a skincare routine post, so here it is!

I have used this evening skincare routine for a while now and i'm quite happy with it.  The only step I'm not completely satisfied with is moisturising, so if anybody has any suggestions for a good moisturiser for combination skin..comment below!

First Step: CLEANSE


I use Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm and have done for months now.  It feels very luxurious on the skin yet it still manages to deeply cleanse my skin.  I take a small amount on the tips of my fingers on one hand and on the other I wet with water.  I then rub the two together to create a paste.  It removes all traces of makeup and is very effective on eye makeup.  I remove with a muslin cloth.  I also tend to double-cleanse just to make sure everything is removed.



Second Step: EXFOLIATE


After reading Caroline Hirons' blog (www.beautymouth.co.uk), I discovered that the best way to exfoliate was by using an acid (fruit-based) exfoliant.  I chose the Clarins' Gentle Exfoliant as it seemed to fit my skin the best.  This stuff is brilliant! I pour some onto a cotton pad and apply all over the face and leave for one minute before I continue with the rest of my skincare routine.  It is great for when my skin is having a bit of a breakout, helping them to disappear. Thanks Caroline!

Third Step: TONE




I then follow with La Roche-Posay Serozinc toner.  I spray some on a cotton pad and apply all over the face. This toner is also great for when my skin flares up and helps tone it down.

Fourth Step: SERUM






I have been using La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo because recently, I have had acne-prone problem skin.    I apply all over the face and may add a bit more on any breakout areas. I really like this product and am scared to stop using it incase my skin has a fit!

Fifth Step: REPAIR





I finally caved when Estee Lauder brought out the new Advanced Night Repair and I'm blooming glad I did! I now can wake up looking refreshed and bright, because this is such a dream product!  However, I think that sometimes I go slightly overboard with the amount of product I use (SARAH, this stuff is expensive..savour it!) and can wake up with a bit of a greasy over-dewy face! Oops!

Sixth Step: EYE CREAM




I apply a small amount of Simple Eye Balm with my fourth finger under both my eyes and leave to sink in before moisturising. This is very soothing and good at reducing puffy eyes.

Seventh Step: MOISTURISE






At the moment i'm using a very basic Simple moisturiser as it's cheap and seems to do the job.  On occasions when I think my skin needs a bit of a moisture kick I use the Origins overnight face mask (which is also amazing for long-haul flights!).

So there it is, the mammoth evening skincare-fest!  Can you tell I love skincare?

Hope you are having a great weekend!
Blog soon,
SH x

No comments:

Post a Comment