Wednesday, 23 October 2013

My Face Mask Collection


I love a good pampering session and have them at least twice a week. I'm talking bubble bath, candles, relaxing music and a good old face mask...bliss!  Since I tend to use a face mask at least once a week, I like to have a variety that I can use depending on what my skin is doing on that day.  It might be dry, oily, or in need of a deep clean.  I have accumulated 5 face masks and thought I would give a little review/summary of each.

1. Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask
I use this when my skin needs a good moisture boost and with Winter approaching I'm sure this will be most of the time!  I bought this mask in preparation for a long-haul flight to Washington in the Summer and wanted to use it on the plane so my face didn't die over the 7 hours (..slight exaggeration).  I was concerned that it would be too thick and kind of sticky on my face but I think if you're sensible with the amount you apply you won't have any problems.  It is a great mask and after sleeping or flying, makes your face look plumper, smoother and more awake!

2. Una Brennan Tea Flower Deep Clean Pore Purifying Clay Mask (wow longest name in history)
I use this mask for a quick deep clean to make sure all the nasties are gone from my skin.  It's really easy to apply and dries to be non-tight on the face.  It has a pleasant smell, is quite cheap and does the job!

3. Origins Out of Trouble 
This is a 10-minute mask to help the skin if a spot starts to appear using a quadruple threat mix of Zinc Oxide, Sulphur, Camphor and Salicylic Acid. I tend to get under the skin spots that I can usually feel before they appear (gross) so this mask is great for it's short-term spot attacking abilities. It doesn't have the most pleasant smell and I find if I apply all over the face and not on a localised area it can sting slightly. You do not need to use a lot so the tube will last you a long time.  Spots look less red and less inflamed.  

4.  REN F10 Smooth & Renew
Another 10 minute mask and the first face mask I ever bought.  It's part of REN's sensitive skin range so thought it would be the perfect mask to start off with.  I had heard a lot about the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask and was a bit scared to try it so I bought the supposedly sensitive version!  It has a orange, fruity scent and a gloopy consistency which did take me a long time to get used to but it's fine now.  After using, my skin appears to have a whole new layer that is much brighter and smoother.

5.  AESOP Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque
My favourite of the bunch.  It is ridiculously expensive and accidentally ended up in my Cult Beauty basket (www.cultbeauty.co.uk) and found it's way into my skincare collection!  It is such a lovely mask.  It has a gorgeous scent that feels very spa-like which is good when you're trying to recreate your own bathroom spa!  I apply all over the face and leave for about 10-15 minutes.  It does dry quite tight but only when I leave on for the full 15 minutes, but once removed my skin is not dry at all. You can almost feel it deeply cleansing your skin and can see once it's dry the amount of nasties it's pulling out of all the pores.  The mask is also great for stopping spots from appearing. After removing, my skin feels much clearer and smoother.  I use this once or twice a week.  I love the brand, AESOP, because of how they fuse natural ingredients with skincare, creating the perfect blend and quality.  A great (albeit expensive) all-round face mask.

All 5 of my growing face mask collection!  I think I enjoy doing the mini-reviews the most so I hope you enjoy reading them too.

Thanks for reading.

Blog soon!

SH x

No comments:

Post a Comment