Thursday, 21 March 2013

L'Oreal Paris GlamShine Stain Splash Review

Another review and this time it's lip gloss/stain! 


THE dupe for YSL's glossy stains! Now, i don't own a YSL glossy stain and in fact i don't own any YSL products which is slightly shameful i feel but it's not really in my price range! And...when the drugstore brands are bringing out dupes at 1/4 of the price, i feel it's slightly justifiable!  So... i popped down to my local Superdrug (I feel like they know and recognise me now because i go in there so often!) and browsed through the somewhat small collection of the L'Oreal Stains.  There weren't really any colours that made me go wow but i liked 103 Marilyn which is a pink...not that i needed another pink lip product but i bought it just so i could review it for this blog! :) 


In the tube (?) it looks quite a bright block pink but when applied to the lips it is quite subtle and would need a few layers for it too look like it does in the tube.  

When i first applied it, it was quite watery and cold which is something i had never experienced before when using a lip product so it was a bit strange for me.  There was barely any colour there and i think it meant to be a product that you build up depending on how much gloss and colour you want. 

One layer

I have to say my first impression wasn't great but i kept going with it.  After applying two more layers, waiting in between each application until dry, i was much happier with it! The colour was nice and very wearable for a day-to-day basis.  


Two layers

I really liked the packaging.  It comes in a sophisticated rose gold tube and looks expensive.  I like the shape because it is different from any of the other lip products i own! Thumps up to the L'Oreal brand and packaging team!  






Overall, I do like the product.  However, it has made me want to try the YSL version even more just so i can compare the two! 

L'Oreal Paris GlamShine Stain Splash £7.99

Thanks for reading!

Blog soon!

Sarah xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment