Sunday, 17 March 2013

Empties

Products I've Used Up!


Here they are in all their 'very difficult to balance' glory!




I'm going to list them and do a mini-review of each product!


1. Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover 



So, this product claims that it removes nail polish in one second.  This is not the case.  It is more like 'wiggle your finger around for 7-10 seconds' kind of time!  Nevertheless , it does make removing nail polish a lot easier.  I can't say i am a big fan of the smell but it's not worse than any other nail polish remover i've tried.  I haven't repurchased it simply because it's expensive for a nail varnish remover and i have a couple to use up around the house.


2.  Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for dry/sensitive skin



It is a good moisturiser, not a 'wow i am going to use this for the rest of my life moisturiser!'  I like the texture and found that using at night worked better than in the day because it is quite thick and takes a bit of time to absorb into the skin. As the title says, i've used it all up but probably won't repurchase. 


3. Soap and Glory Pulp Friction Body Scrub



I really like this body scrub.  It's not too abrasive on the skin so is suitable for my sensitive skin.  It turns into a foam when you rub in which is different.  It makes my skin nice and smooth and i like the smell - so overall, Soap and Glory have done well again! :)


4. Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer



I bought this in the colour 010 Ivory which is a really good match for my skin.  It is a concealer and highlighter in one. I really liked this product.  It applied and blended nicely so ticked the boxes! It is also a lot less drying than Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection concealer which is something i don't like about it. I do find however, that it needs re-applying quite often or a lot of powder to set it! 
I will definitely repurchase this though!


5. La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo



This is becoming my 'holy grail' product.  I can't say hardly any bad things about it! I use it at night because i find that when i apply make-up, particularly when blending foundation, it comes off as if my skin is peeling (how lovely!) and just looks awful, so i use it at night!  When i wake-up in the morning, any blemishes or spots are reduced, at least the redness, which is amazing i think! It is a bit like a creamy serum.  I has quite a strong smell so i was a bit worried for my poor sensitive skin but no problems at all, apart from when i had a cold and the area around my nose was sore and i applied this on top of it and it started stinging really badly! Whoops! Anyway, i have already repurchased it! :)


6. Bumble and Bumble Straight Shampoo and Conditioner



I received this for Christmas and have only just finished them (still have some conditioner left but i am sure i will use it up!) so they've lasted really well.  I really enjoyed using this pair.  Loved the smell, it wasn't too thick, didn't leave my hair greasy or feeling heavy and left my hair nice and soft! I wouldn't say it made my hair straighter but i don't have curly or majorly frizzy hair! Would definitely consider buying more B&B products if they weren't so expensive!


7. Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser



I've said this before and i'll say it again- one of the best cleanser's in the world! I love this cleanser! It's so gentle and soothing yet takes off make-up so easily! Love the smell, the creamy formula and the muslin cloths that come with it! I've repurchased it for my sister to try but i decided to go over to the dark side and try the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm (which i am very much enjoying!).  Cannot recommend this product enough!


8.  Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche Eau de Toilette




This is my favourite perfume ever! I love the fresh, florally scent.  It has become 'my scent' - (so strange) - but anyone who knows me would recognise me and associate me with the smell of this perfume! I think i am on my 4th bottle of the stuff! Unfortunately, it has gone up in price considerably since the last time i bought it - probably about 6 months ago...where it was about £40 and now for 100ml, £72!!! I very kindly asked my mum to pick up a bottle at the airport where it is cheaper - i think she got it for £60! But still, very expensive!! I don't think i can go without it!!

So there they are...the products i have used up recently!

Thank you for reading!

Blog soon!

Sarah xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment